funny menu for you
Blackcurrant jelly with coulis
6 sheets of leaf gelatine
225g/8oz caster sugar
150ml/5fl oz ruby port
2 tablespoons cr?me de cassis
• In a small bowl, soak the gelatine in 75ml/3fl oz water until soft. Put the
blackcurrants, sugar and 300ml/10fl oz water in a large saucepan.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
• Strain, reserving the cooking liquid in a large jug. Put half of the
blackcurrants in a bowl, and pour 4 tablespoons of the reserved cooking
liquid over them. Set the bowl and jug aside.
• Squeeze the water out of the gelatine, and put in a small saucepan with
the port, crème de cassis and 75ml/3fl oz water. Heat gently to dissolve
the gelatine, but do not allow the mixture to boil. Stir the gelatine mixture
into the jug of blackcurrant liquid until well mixed.
• Put eight individual jelly moulds in a roasting tin. Fill with the port
mixture. Chill for at least 6 hours until set.
• Tip the bowl of blackcurrants into a blender or food processor, and
purée until smooth.
• To serve, turn each jelly out onto a serving plate, and spoon the coulis
around each jelly. Decorate with the remaining blackcurrants.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com