vegetable oil for greasing
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
450g/1lb canned chopped plum
1 teaspoon tomato purée
4 tablespoons dry white wine
4 tablespoons chopped fresh
4 cod cutlets
2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5. Lightly grease a large
• Heat the oil in a frying pan, and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato purée and wine. Season with salt
• Bring the sauce just to the boil, then reduce the heat slightly and cook,
uncovered, for 15–20 minutes until thick. Stir in the parsley.
• Put the cod cutlets in the prepared baking dish, and spoon an equal
quantity of the tomato mixture onto each. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over
the top. Bake in the oven for 20–30 minutes, basting the fish
occasionally with the sauce, until the fish is tender and cooked through,
and the breadcrumbs are golden and crisp.
• Serve hot with new potatoes and a green salad.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com