2 red peppers
2 yellow peppers
2 green peppers
1 sweet potato
about 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the dressing
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 teaspoons clear honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon walnut oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Halve the peppers lengthways and discard the stalks, cores and seeds.
Cut each half lengthways into four pieces. Peel the sweet potato and
slice into rings about 8mm/1⁄4in thick.
• To make the dressing, in a small frying pan, dry-roast the cumin seeds
over a low heat for a few minutes until aromatic, taking care not to burn
them. Put them in a bowl with the honey, vinegar and oils, and whisk
together. Season with salt and pepper.
• Heat a ridged cast-iron grill pan until very hot. Put the sweet potato
slices on the pan, and lightly brush each piece with a little of the oil.
Cook for about 10 minutes, turning the pieces over once, then remove
from the pan and keep warm.
• Add half the pepper pieces, brush with a little oil and cook for about
8 minutes, turning them over several times. Remove and add to the sweet
potatoes, then repeat with the remaining peppers.
• To serve, put the vegetables on a large shallow dish, and drizzle the
dressing over them. Serve warm with rice.