4 skinless chicken breast fillets
2 tablespoons plain flour
1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
350g/12oz small mushrooms
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
175ml/6fl oz chicken stock
• Split each chicken breast in half lengthways.
• Season the flour with pepper, and dredge the chicken in the mixture.
Shake off any excess flour.
• Heat the oil in a heavy frying pan over a medium-high heat, and cook
the chicken breasts for 4 minutes or until nicely browned on one side.
Add the garlic, turn the chicken pieces and continue to cook for a minute
• HAdd the mushrooms and cook for about 7 minutes, then add the
vinegar and stock. Cover tightly, reduce the heat to medium-low and
cook for 10 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally.
• Transfer the chicken to a warmed serving plate and set aside in a warm
place. Let the sauce with the mushrooms cook, uncovered, over a
medium-high heat for about 6 minutes.
• Remove the pan from the heat, pour the sauce over the chicken and