menu for yor
800g/1lb 14oz canned cooked
chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 garlic cloves
15g/1⁄4oz flat-leaf parsley leaves
15g/1⁄4oz fresh coriander leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed
1⁄4 beaten egg
about 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the dressing
1 small handful of fresh mint
1 garlic clove
200g/7oz Greek-style yogurt
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• To make the falafels, purée the chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley,
coriander, cumin and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Turn
the mixture into a bowl, and beat in the egg, then cover and chill in the
refrigerator for 30–60 minutes, or longer if more convenient.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
• With wet hands, shape the mixture into 20 equal-size balls. Put the
falafels on an oiled baking sheet, and flatten them slightly, then brush
with a little oil. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning the falafels over
halfway through the cooking time.
• To make the dressing, blend or process the mint, garlic and yogurt until
smooth, turn into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
• To serve, put the falafels on a serving platter, and spoon the dressing
over the top. Serve hot.