2 tablespoons vegetable oil
450g/1lb skinless cod fillet
25g/1oz plain flour, seasoned
with salt and freshly ground
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 tablespoon fish sauce
300ml/10fl oz coconut milk
175g/6oz cherry tomatoes, halved
20 fresh basil leaves
• Heat the oil in a large preheated wok. Using a sharp knife, cut the fish
into large cubes, removing any bones.
• Put the flour in a bowl, add the fish and mix until well coated. Add to
the wok, and stir-fry over a high heat for 3–4 minutes until the fish
begins to brown.
• Mix together the garlic, curry paste, fish sauce and coconut milk. Pour
the mixture over the fish, and bring to the boil.
• Add the tomatoes to the mixture in the wok, and leave to simmer for
• Roughly chop or tear the basil leaves. Add the basil to the wok and stir.
• Transfer to serving plates, and serve hot with fragrant rice.