Garlic & lime chicken
4 large skinless chicken breast fillets
50g/2oz garlic butter, softened
3 tablespoons chopped fresh
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
finely grated zest and juice of
25g/1oz Demerara sugar
• Put each chicken breast between two sheets of cling film, and pound
with a rolling pin until flattened to about 1cm/1⁄2in thick.
• Mix together the garlic butter and coriander, and spread over each
chicken breast. Roll the chicken up like a Swiss roll and secure with a
• Heat a wok or heavy frying pan until hot. Add the oil, and when it is hot
enough, add the chicken and cook, turning, for 15–20 minutes until
• Remove the chicken from the wok or pan, and transfer to a chopping
board. Loosely cover with foil to rest for a few minutes, then cut each
chicken roll into slices.
• Add the lime zest, juice and sugar to the wok and heat gently, stirring,
until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and allow to bubble for
• Arrange the chicken slices on warmed individual serving plates, and
spoon the pan juices over to serve. Serve warm with boiled rice.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com