225g/8oz roasted salted mixed nuts,
5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
450g/1lb butter, softened
4 tablespoons chopped fresh
225g/8oz puff pastry
1 large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
12 small skinless chicken breast fillets
900ml/11⁄2pt hot chicken stock
freshly ground black pepper
• Combine the nuts and garlic with the butter, parsley and 2 tablespoons
of lemon juice, and season well with pepper. Cover and chill.
• Roll out the puff pastry thinly. Prick well and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Brush the pastry with
beaten egg and, using a small cutter, stamp out shapes. Sprinkle with
the poppy and caraway seeds, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
• Arrange the chicken breasts in a roasting tin, and half-cover with the hot
stock. Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
• To serve, melt the nut butter mixture. Drain the cooked chicken breasts
from the stock, and put on a heated serving dish. Spoon the melted
butter over, and garnish with the pastry shapes.