4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
2 guinea fowl, each cut into
olive oil for drizzling
1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
3 fennel bulbs, cut into 8 pieces
10 slices pancetta, cut into
250ml/9fl oz white wine
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
• Mix the garlic and rosemary with a pinch of salt and pepper in a
• Put the guinea fowl in a separate bowl, drizzle with olive oil and add
the garlic mixture. Make sure that each piece is thoroughly coated.
• Transfer the guinea fowl to a roasting tin, and add the red onion, fennel
and pancetta. Drizzle with olive oil, and roast for 30 minutes.
• Add the wine and roast for a further 20 minutes. Increase the heat for
the last few minutes to brown, and serve hot.