4 c vegetable oil,up to 6
**Honey Mustard Dipping
1/4 c mayonnaise
1 1/2 t prepared mustard
2 t honey
1 pn paprika
**Apricot Dipping Sauce **
2 T Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1 T apricot preserves
2 T honey
1 c corn flake crumbs
2 t red pepper flakes,Crushed
1 1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 t cumin
1 t salt
1/2 t paprika
1/4 t onion powder
1 ds garlic
1 c milk
1 c flour
1 lb chicken breast fillets
1. Preheat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Make the honey mustard dipping sauce by combining the ingredients in a
medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Make the apricot dipping sauce by
combing those ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate this sauce
as well, until your chicken is ready.
3. Prepare the breading by combining the corn flake crumbs, crushed red
pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, paprika, onion powder, and garlic in
a medium bowl.
4. Beat the egg in a medium bowl, add the 1 cup of milk and stir.
5. Pour the flour into another medium bowl.
6. Slice each chicken breast lengthwise into strips approximately 1/2-inch wide.
7. When the oil is hot, bread your chicken by first coating each strip with flour.
Dip the chicken into the egg/milk mixture and then back into the flour. Dip each
chicken strip back in the egg/milk mixture and then in the corn flake crumb
mixture. Be sure to coat each chicken piece thoroughly with the corn flake
8. Fry 6 to 8 coated chicken strips at a time in the oil for 4 to 5 minutes or until
the chicken is golden brown. Drain and serve chicken with the dipping sauces
on the side.
Serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer.