1 c margarine
3/4 c dark brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 T molasses
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/8 t cinnamon
1 1/2 c 1-minute Quaker Oats
2 t very hot water
1/4 t salt
2 c marshmallow creme,(1 -7-ounce jar)
1/2 c shortening
1/3 c powdered sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugars, molasses, vanilla and
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
4. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Mix in the oats.
5. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-
12 minutes, or until cookies are just starting to darken around the edges. They
will still appear moist in the center. Be careful not to overcook -- when cooled,
the cookies should be soft and chewy.
6. While the cookies bake, prepare the filling. Use a small bowl to dissolve the
salt in 2 teaspoons of very hot water. Set this solution aside to cool.
7. Combine the marshmallow creme, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla in
a medium bowl and mix well with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Add
the cooled salt solution to the filling mixture and combine with the mixer.
8. Assemble each creme pie by spreading the filling over one side of a cookie
(the flat side) and press another cookie on top, making a sandwich. Repeat for
the remaining cookies and filling.
Makes 2 dozen creme pies.