menu for yor
2 spring onions, finely sliced
2 tablespoons plain flour
225ml/8fl oz evaporated milk
225g/8fl oz single cream
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g/4oz Parmesan cheese,
• Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Carefully pour
the macaroni into the boiling water, and cook for about 10 minutes until
al dente. Do not overcook. Remove from the heat, drain and set aside.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Grease a large
• In a heavy frying pan, melt the butter and sauté the spring onions over a
medium heat until soft. Add the flour and stir to mix well. Continue to
sauté for about 3 minutes, then blend in first the evaporated milk, then
the cream, then the mayonnaise. Finally, add the Cheddar cheese.
• Stir the beaten eggs through the macaroni until evenly combined.
• Mix the macaroni with the cheese sauce, and pour into the casserole
dish. Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan, and bake in the oven for
20–30 minutes until the top has browned and the macaroni is piping
hot. Turn off the heat and allow the macaroni cheese to cool a little.