menu for you
225g/8oz dried macaroni
100g/4oz Parmesan cheese,
100g/4oz Romano cheese, grated
350ml/12fl oz skimmed milk
100g/4oz low-fat cottage cheese
25g/1oz plain flour
1⁄4 onion, sliced
1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
100g/4oz low-fat mozzarella
75g/3oz fresh breadcrumbs
• Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
• Cook the macaroni in lightly salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
Toss with half of the margarine.
• In a 1.2 litre/2pt baking dish, layer half of the macaroni and the
Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Repeat with the remaining macaroni
• In a blender or food processor, purée the milk, cottage cheese, flour,
onion and mustard until smooth. Pour the mixture over the macaroni.
Sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
• Combine the breadcrumbs and remaining margarine, and sprinkle over
the top. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot.