Monkfish & mussel skewers
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoon freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon paprika
1 garlic clove, crushed
450g/1lb monkfish, skinned, boned
and cut into 2.5cm/1in chunks
4 rashers turkey bacon
8 cooked mussels
8 raw tiger prawns, peeled and
deveined, but with tails left intact
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• If using bamboo or wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes to
prevent them burning.
• Mix together the oil, lemon juice, paprika and garlic, and season with
salt and pepper.
• Put the monkfish in a shallow glass dish. Pour the marinade over the fish
and toss to coat evenly. Cover and leave in a cool place for 30 minutes.
• Preheat the grill to high. Cut the turkey rashers in half, and wrap each
strip around a mussel. Thread onto 4 skewers, alternating with the fish
cubes and prawns. Grill the kebabs for 7–8 minutes, turning once and
basting with the marinade.
• Sprinkle with the chopped dill and salt. Serve hot with salad and rice.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com