250g/9oz dried egg noodles
450g/1lb skinless cod fillet, cut into
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1 red onion, diced
1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
100g/4oz baby corn cobs, halved
1 mango, peeled, stoned and sliced
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons medium sherry
1 teaspoon cornflour
• Put the noodles in a large bowl, and pour over enough boiling water to
cover. Leave to stand for about 10 minutes.
• Meanwhile, put the cod in a large bowl, add the paprika and toss well
to coat the fish evenly.
• Heat the oil in a preheated wok or large heavy frying pan over a
medium heat. Add the onion, peppers and baby corn cobs, and stir-fry
for about 5 minutes.
• Add the cod to the wok or pan together with the sliced mango. Stir-fry
for a further 2–3 minutes until the fish is tender. Add the beansprouts to
the wok and toss well to combine.
• Mix the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, sherry and cornflour together.
Add the mixture to the wok and cook, stirring occasionally, until the
• To serve, drain the noodles well, and divide among four warmed
serving bowls. Divide the cod and mango stir-fry among the bowls,
and serve immediately.