1/2 c granulated sugar
2 T water
1/2 t cinnamon
1 t butter
1 1/4 c pecans,Chopped
2 c Bushman Bread,Cubed
1/3 c salted butter
2 T sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1 20-ounce can apple pie
1/4 t cinnamon
1 T brown sugar
4 c vanilla ice cream
1/2 c caramel topping,(Smucker's
1 1/2 c whipped cream
4 fresh strawberries
1. For candied pecans, combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons
water, 1 teaspoon butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a small saucepan
over medium heat. Heat until mixture boils and all sugar granules are dissolved. 2.
Add chopped pecans to mixture and stir for 1 to 2 minutes over heat. Be sure that all
pecans are well-coated.
3. Pour mixture onto a large plate and continue to stir until mixture hardens and begins
to break up. You should be able to separate all of the nuts.
4. For the croutons, preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Pour the slice bread cubes onto
an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the
bread has turned light brown. Stir halfway through cooking time.
5. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour baked croutons into the pan and
saute until the bread is well-coated with butter. Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar
and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle this mixture over the croutons
while stirring so that the croutons are well-coated with cinnamon/sugar. Remove
croutons from the heat and pour them onto a plate to cool.
6. Prepare apples by carefully mixing them with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1
tablespoon of brown sugar in a large bowl. You want to be sure you don't stir hard
enough to break up the apples. Microwave the apple for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
7. To assemble the dessert for serving, first roll four cup-size scoops of ice cream in the
pecan pieces. You can do this step ahead of time if you like, keeping the pecancovered
scoops in your freezer.
8. Place an ice cream scoop onto a small plate, then pour about a tablespoon of
caramel over the ice cream. Dribble another tablespoon around the base of the ice
cream onto the plate.
9. Spread the hot apples around the base of the ice cream being sure to divide them
evenly amongst the four servings.
10. Divide the croutons into four portions and sprinkle them on the apples around
the base of the ice cream scoop on each plate.
11. Spread a generous portion of whipped cream onto the top of each scoop of ice
12. Top off each dish with a fresh strawberry.
Makes 4 servings.