10 chicken wing drumettes,(see
48 oz Shortening,or 6-10 cups oil
Wing coating ===================
2 T all-purpose flour
1 T kraft macaroni & cheese
1 T molly mcbutter cheese
1 1/4 t salt
1 t chili powder
3/4 t black pepper,Ground
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t garlic powder
1/8 t cumin,Ground
2 T crystal louisiana hot sauce
1 t water
On the side ====================
bleu cheese dressing
1. Preheat 48 ounces of shortening (1 large can), or 6 to 10 cups of
vegetable oil (use the amount required by your fryer), to 350 degrees.
2. Make the spiced breading for your wings by combining the wing
coating ingredients (flour through clove) in a medium bowl. Stir well.
3. Dip each wing, one at a time into the breading. Give each one a
light coating of the stuff. Arrange the breaded wings on a plate and let them
sit uncovered in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
4. When the oil is hot, lower the wings into it. Fry for 7 to 10
minutes, or until the wings are brown.
5. While the wings are frying, mix the hot sauce and water together in
a small bowl.
6. When the wings are done, drain them for a moment on paper towels or
a rack. Drop the hot wings into a large plastic container with a lid.
Pour the sauce over the wings. Cover the container and shake it to coat the
wings with sauce.
7. Use tongs to remove the wings from the container. Arrange them on a
plate with bleu cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.