2 large red peppers
4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra
2 large onions, sliced
450g/1lb white bread and pizza mix
200g/7oz mozzarella cheese, sliced
400g/14oz canned chopped plum
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Halve the peppers and
roast in the oven until blackened all over. Leave until cold enough to
handle, then carefully peel off the skins. Cut the flesh into thick strips,
discarding the seeds. Leave the oven on.
• Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan, and sweat the onions
gently for 5 minutes until softened but not coloured. Set aside.
• Make up the pizza dough following the packet instructions, substituting
2 tablespoons oil for a similar amount of the liquid measurement. Roll
out into a 30cm/12in round on a floured work surface, then slide onto a
• Cover the pizza base with the mozzarella. Scatter over the tomatoes,
onions and peppers, then the garlic. Season with salt and pepper,
drizzle with olive oil and leave in a warm place for 20–30 minutes until
the dough has doubled in thickness.
• Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until golden and bubbling.