4 boneless pheasant breasts
25g/1oz plain flour
14 teaspoon ground cinnamon
125ml/4fl oz freshly squeezed
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
3⁄4 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
1 tablespoon orange liqueur
100g/4oz green seedless grapes
1 orange, peeled and cut
50g/2oz toasted almonds
• Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/Gas mark 3.
• Line a 20cm/8in square baking dish with foil, leaving a small foil collar.
Wash the pheasant breasts and pat dry. Arrange in the prepared dish.
• Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in the flour and
cinnamon. Cook until smooth. Stir in the orange juice, marmalade and
• Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in the liqueur. Spoon over
the pheasant and seal the foil tightly.
• Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until the pheasant is tender.
Spoon the grapes and orange sections over the pheasant, and bake,
uncovered, for a further 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve
hot with rice.