12 large raw prawns, peeled and
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
100g/4oz fresh white breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped fresh
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons chilli sauce
plain flour for dusting
olive oil for frying
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 hamburger buns, halved
• Flatten the prawns slightly to open out, and mix with the lemon juice.
• Combine the sesame seeds, breadcrumbs and coriander on a sheet of
baking parchment. Combine the egg and chilli sauce in a bowl. Dredge
the prawns in the flour and shake off the excess. Dip in the egg and
press firmly in the breadcrumbs. Put on a tray covered in baking
parchment, cover and chill for 10 minutes.
• Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Cook the prawns in batches over a
medium heat for 2–3 minutes on each side. Remove and drain on
• Combine the mayonnaise, spring onion, tomato and Worcestershire
sauces in a bowl.
• Put the prawns in the burger buns, and serve with the sauce.