3 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 leeks, sliced
4 tablespoons cornflour
1 teaspoon salt
350g/12oz raw tiger prawns,
peeled and deveined
175g/6oz mushrooms, sliced
• Heat a wok or large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and,
when the oil is hot enough, add the leeks and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
• Mix the cornflour and salt together in a large bowl. Add the prawns to
the cornflour and salt mixture, and toss to coat all over.
• Add the prawns to the wok, and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the prawns
have changed colour and are almost cooked through.
• Now add the mushrooms and beansprouts to the wok, and stir-fry for a
further 2 minutes.
• Beat the eggs with 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Pour the egg
mixture into the wok and cook, stirring, until the egg sets, carefully
turning the omelette over once.
• Turn the omelette out onto a clean board, divide into four and serve hot.