menu for you
Ratatouille penne bake
1 small aubergine
2 courgettes, thickly sliced
200g/7oz firm tofu, cubed
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 small red pepper, seeded
1 onion, finely chopped
150ml/5fl oz vegetable stock
3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and
1 tablespoon chopped fresh
225g/8oz dried penne
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Cut the aubergine into 2.5cm/1in cubes. Put into a colander with the
courgettes, sprinkle with salt and leave to drain for 30 minutes.
• Mix the tofu with the soy sauce, 1 garlic clove and the sesame seeds.
Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
• Put the pepper, onion and remaining garlic into a saucepan with the
stock. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 5 minutes until tender.
Remove the lid, and boil until all the stock has evaporated. Add the
tomatoes and herbs to the pan, and cook for a further 3 minutes
• Thoroughly rinse the aubergine and courgettes. Drain, shaking the
colander gently to get rid of excess water. Add to the pepper and
tomato mixture, and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
• Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until al
dente, then drain thoroughly. Preheat the grill.
• Toss the pasta with the vegetables and marinated tofu. Transfer to a
shallow ovenproof dish, and grill until lightly toasted. Serve hot.
View over 5,000 menus at http://www.menu-for-you.com