menu for yor
Roadhouse Grill Roadhouse Cheese Wraps
8 thin monterey jack,Slices
8 thin cheddar cheese,Slices
1 jalapeno pepper,seeded and
1 t fresh chives,Minced
4 lg spring roll wrappers
6 c vegetable oil,up to 10
**On the side**
1. Use a sharp knife to make 8 thin slices each from the end of standard-size
hunks of cheddar and monterey jack cheeses.
2. Arrange 2 slices of cheddar and 2 slices of jack on your hand, then sprinkle
about 1 teaspoon of diced jalapeno on top of the cheese. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon
of minced chives on next. Sandwich the peppers and chives between the
cheese and roll it all up. Fold the cheese and squeeze it all together so that
the peppers and chives are well sealed into the middle of the cheeses.
3. Lay a spring roll wrapper with one corner pointing away from you. Arrange
the cheese lengthwise on the center of the wrapper.
4. Fold one of the side corners over the cheese filling. Brush a little beaten egg
on the tip of the other side corner and fold it over the first corner so that it sticks.
Brush some beaten egg on the corner pointing away from you. Fold the bottom
corner up and over the filling. Roll the wrapper up, keeping it tight, until it rolls
over the top corner with the egg on it. It should stick. Repeat with the remaining
rolls, then cover them all and chill for at least 30 minutes. This will be long
enough to heat up the oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees.
5. When the oil is hot, fry the rolls for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until the outside is
golden brown. Drain the rolls on a rack or paper towels for 2 minutes before
serving with your favorite marinara sauce on the side for dipping.