275g/10oz wide rice noodles
3 tablespoons groundnut oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 shallots, sliced
225g/8oz green beans, sliced
100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
150ml/5fl oz coconut milk
1 tablespoon tomato purée
• Put the noodles in a large bowl and pour over enough boiling water
to cover. Leave to stand for 10 minutes or according to instructions on
• Heat the groundnut oil in a large preheated wok or heavy frying pan.
Add crushed garlic and sliced shallots to the wok or frying pan, and
stir-fry for 1 minute.
• Drain the noodles thoroughly. Add the green beans and drained noodles
to the wok, and stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes
and mix through well.
• Mix together the chilli flakes, peanut butter, coconut milk and tomato
purée. Pour the chilli mixture over the noodles, toss well until all the
ingredients are thoroughly combined and heat through.
• Transfer the satay noodles to warmed serving dishes or bowls, and