300g/11oz raw prawns
250g/9oz skinless hake fillets
3 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 spring onions, finely sliced
Salt and pepper
75ml/3fl oz lime juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed
4 flour tortillas
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
• Slice or pull off any vein, membrane or white muscle from the scallops,
leaving any roe attached. Peel and devein the prawns. Cut the hake into
• Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas mark 3. Combine the tomato,
chilli and spring onion in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
• Combine the scallops, prawns, hake, lime juice and garlic in another
bowl, cover and refrigerate while preparing the other ingredients.
• Slice the avocado and brush with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
• Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
• Heat a lightly oiled cast-iron grill pan until very hot, add the onion and
pepper and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly brown. Push them all
to one side of the pan. Drain the seafood thoroughly, and cook briefly
until it is seared all over and cooked through.
• To serve, wrap the seafood, onion, green pepper, avocado and tomato
mixture in the tortillas. Serve immediately.