700g/11⁄2lb salmon fillet, skinned
and cut into 2.5cm/1in chunks
12 queen scallops, halved if they
12 raw king prawns, peeled and
deveined, but tail left intact
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 fresh basil leaves, shredded
12 fresh bay leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce
1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed
12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
100g/4oz butter, softened
75ml/3fl oz dry white wine
• Soak 12 bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent
• Put all the seafood in a bowl, and mix with the lime juice, oil and basil.
Season with salt and pepper.
• Thread the salmon, prawns and scallops alternately onto the skewers,
adding a bay leaf to each skewer.
• To make the sauce, beat together the ginger, lime juice, basil and butter
with a little seasoning until well combined.
• Cook the kebabs under a medium grill or on a barbecue for
8–10 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly cooked and lightly
browned on all sides.
• Meanwhile, boil the wine until it is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Remove
from the heat, and gradually whisk into the sauce. Serve the hot kebabs
with the sauce.