12 skinless chicken thighs
75ml/3fl oz freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 teaspoon crushed dried red chillies
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Demerara sugar
2 tablespoons clear honey
2 tablespoons chopped fresh
1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
• Prick the chicken with a fork, rinse and pat dry with kitchen paper.
• In a large mixing bowl, mix together the lemon juice, ginger, garlic, red
chillies, salt, sugar and honey. Transfer the chicken to the spice mixture
and coat well. Set aside to marinate for about 45 minutes.
• Preheat the grill to medium. Add the coriander and green chilli to the
chicken thighs, and put them in a shallow flameproof dish.
• Pour any remaining marinade over the chicken and, using a pastry
brush, baste with the oil.
• Grill the chicken thighs under the grill for 15–20 minutes, turning and
basting occasionally, until cooked through and browned. Transfer to a
serving dish, and serve immediately.