8 squid, cleaned and gutted
6 canned anchovies, drained
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary,
2 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
200ml/7fl oz white wine
200ml/7fl oz fish stock
• Remove the tentacles from the squid bodies, and chop them finely.
• Grind the anchovies, garlic, rosemary and tomatoes to a paste using a
mortar and pestle. Add the breadcrumbs and the squid tentacles, and
mix to form a paste, adding water if necessary.
• Spoon the paste into the body sacs of the squid, then tie around the end
of each sac with cotton to fasten.
• Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for
3–4 minutes until golden. Add the stuffed squid to the pan, and cook for
a further 3–4 minutes until they are brown all over.
• Add the wine and stock, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover
and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
• Remove the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the squid is
tender and the juices reduced. Serve hot with boiled rice or noodles.