menu for you
Sunshine Lemon Coolers
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c shortening
1/2 t vanilla
1/8 t salt
1 1/2 c cake flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 T water
**Lemon Powdered Sugar**
1 c powdered sugar
rounded 1/2 teaspoon
-- lemonade drink mix
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add the flour and baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon of water and continue
mixing until dough forms a ball.
4. Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a lightly greased cookie
sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown.
5. As cookies bake combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade drink mix
in a large plastic bag and shake thoroughly to mix.
6. When the cookies are removed from the oven and while they are hot, add
4 or 5 at a time to the bag and shake it until the cookies are well coated.
Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Makes 50-56 cookies.