menu for you
Tony Roma's Baked Potato Soup
2 md potatoes,(about 2 cups
3 T butter
1 c white onion,Diced
2 T flour
4 c chicken stock
2 c water
1/4 c cornstarch
1 1/2 c mashed potatoes,Instant
1 t salt
3/4 t pepper
1/2 t basil
1/8 t thyme
1 c half and half
1/2 c cheddar cheese,Shredded
1/4 c crumbled bacon,Cooked
2 green onions,chopped (green
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake the potatoes or 1 hour or until
done. When potatoes have cooked remove them from the oven to cool.
2. As potatoes cool prepare soup by melting butter in a large saucepan, and
saut onion until light brown. Add the flour to the onions and stir to make a roux.
3. Add stock, water, cornstarch, mashed potatoes, and spices to the pot and
bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out contents with a large spoon.
Discard skin. Chop baked potato with a large knife to make chunks that are
about 1/2-inch in size.
5. Add chopped baked potato and half-and-half to the saucepan, bring soup
back to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer the soup for another 15 minutes or
until it is thick.
6. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups of soup into a bowl and top with about a tablespoon
of shredded cheddar cheese, a half tablespoon of crumbled bacon and a
teaspoon or so of chopped green onion. Repeat for remaining servings.
Serves 6 to 8.