vegetable oil for greasing
11⁄2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
225ml/8fl oz boiling water
450g/1lb low-fat cottage cheese,
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
75g/3oz onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped red pepper
400g/14oz canned tuna, drained
225g/8oz almonds, sliced and
• Grease a 1.2-litre/2pt fish mould and set aside.
• In a large bowl, sprinkle the gelatine over 125ml/4fl oz cold water and
leave to stand for 1 minute. Add the boiling water and stir until the
gelatine has dissolved completely.
• Using a hand-held mixer, blend in the cottage cheese until smooth.
• Stir in the lemon juice, garlic powder and salt. Fold in the onions, red
pepper, tuna and half of the almonds.
• Pour the mixture into the prepared mould, and chill until firm. Before
serving, unmould onto a platter and garnish with the remaining almonds.