4 tuna fillets, about 175g/6oz each
3 fresh red chillies, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
225ml/8fl oz red wine
1 tablespoon olive oil
200g/7oz pak choi, coarsely
100g/4oz button mushrooms,
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Put the pieces of tuna in a single layer in a glass or ceramic dish.
Sprinkle the chillies and garlic over the tuna, and pour the wine over the
top. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
• Lift the tuna out of the marinade, drain on kitchen paper and season with
a little salt.
• Pour the marinade into a small pan, season with salt and pepper, then
simmer for a few minutes until reduced by about half. Remove from the
heat, cover and keep warm.
• Heat a ridged cast-iron grill pan until very hot. Dip a wad of kitchen
paper in oil, and wipe it over the hot pan. Put the tuna in the pan, and
chargrill for 3–4 minutes.
• Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large deep frying pan until very hot.
Add the pak choi and mushrooms, and stir-fry over a high heat for about
3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
• To serve, cut the tuna fillets in half, mound the vegetables on warmed
plates and top with the tuna and marinade. Serve hot.