menu for yor
100g/4oz fresh green beans
100g/4oz bulgur wheatt
225ml/8fl oz boiling water
1 small courgette
1 small carrot
1⁄2 Granny Smith apple
100g/4oz canned cooked
chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
1⁄2 teaspoon chilli powder
100g/4oz fresh breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Cook the green beans in boiling water until tender but still with a bite.
Refresh in cold water, drain and chop finely.
• Cook the bulgur in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove from the heat,
cover and leave to stand.
• Grate the courgette and carrot, then peel, core and grate the apple.
Wrap in a clean tea towel and squeeze out excess moisture. Combine
with the green beans in a mixing bowl.
• In a blender or food processor, purée the chickpeas, onion, peanut
butter, oil, curry powder and chilli powder until smooth. Season with salt
and pepper. Add to the grated vegetables.
• Drain the bulgur through a strainer, pressing with the back of a spoon to
extract excess liquid. Add to the bowl. Add the breadcrumbs and
refrigerate for 1 hour.
• With wet hands, shape the mixture into four burgers. Cook under a
medium grill for 3 minutes on each side. Serve hot.