1 egg white, beaten
1 tablespoon cornflour
450g/1lb skinless chicken breast
fillets, cut into 2.5cm/1in cubes
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon caster sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1cm/1⁄2in piece of fresh root
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
2 large mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons yellow bean sauce
• Mix the egg white and cornflour in a bowl. Add the chicken and turn in
the mixture to coat. Set aside for 20 minutes.
• Mix the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl. Remove the
chicken from the egg white mixture.
• Heat a wok over a high heat. Add the oil and, when hot enough, add
the chicken and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes until golden brown. Remove the
chicken from the wok with a slotted spoon, set aside and keep warm.
• Add the garlic, ginger, pepper and mushrooms to the wok, and stir-fry
for 1–2 minutes. Add the yellow bean sauce and cook for 1 minute.
• Stir in the vinegar mixture, and return the chicken to the wok. Cook for
1–2 minutes, and serve hot.