menu for you
4 baking potatoes, about
1 large avocado
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed
175g/6oz smoked tofu, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
100g/4oz mixed salad leaves
For the salsa
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh
1 shallot, finely diced
1 fresh green chilli, seeded
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed
salt and freshly ground
• Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
• Scrub the potatoes and prick the skins with a fork. Rub a little salt into
the skins, and put the potatoes on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for
1 hour or until cooked through and the skins are crisp.
• Meanwhile, make the salsa just before the end of the potatoes’ cooking
time. Put all the ingredients in a bowl, mix through and season with salt
and pepper. Set aside.
• Cut the potatoes in half lengthways, and scoop the flesh into a bowl,
leaving a thin layer of potato inside the shells.
• Halve and stone the avocado. Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado
flesh and add to the bowl containing the potato. Stir in the lemon juice
and mash the mixture together with a fork. Mix in the tofu, garlic, onion
and tomato. Spoon the mixture into one half of the potato shells.
• Arrange the mixed salad leaves on top of the guacamole mixture, and
place the other half of the potato shell on top. Serve immediately with
the salsa as an accompaniment.