225g/8oz dried fusilli
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
2 courgettes, sliced
225g/8oz fresh asparagus spears
100g/4oz frozen green peas
2 tablespoons vegetable stock
4 tablespoons double cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh
2 tablespoons freshly grated
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the fusilli
and oil and cook until al dente. Drain, return to the pan with a very little
of the cooking liquid, cover and keep warm.
• Meanwhile, steam the broccoli, courgettes, asparagus and mangetout
over a pan of salted boiling water until they are just beginning to soften.
Remove from the heat and refresh in cold water. Drain and set aside.
• Bring a small saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the peas
and cook for 3 minutes, then drain.
• Put the butter and stock in a saucepan over a medium heat. When the
butter has melted, add the vegetables, and toss until heated through. Stir
in the cream, and heat through gently without boiling. Season with salt
• Transfer the pasta to a warmed serving dish, and stir in the parsley.
Spoon the sauce over the pasta, then sprinkle the Parmesan over the top.