225g/8oz skinless chicken
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
50g/2oz mangetout, topped
50g/2oz ham, finely shredded
4 spring onions, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain,
rinse under cold water and drain well.
• Slice the chicken into fine shreds, about 5cm/2in in length. Put the
chicken in a bowl, and add 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, the rice
wine and the sesame oil.
• Heat half of the vegetable oil in a wok or frying pan over a high heat.
When it starts smoking, add the chicken mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes,
then transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
• Wipe the wok clean and heat the remaining oil. Stir in the garlic,
mangetout, beansprouts and ham. Stir-fry for a further 1 minute, then
add the cooked noodles.
• Continue to stir-fry until the noodles are heated through. Add the
remaining soy sauce to taste, and season with salt and pepper. Return
the chicken and any juices to the noodle mixture, add the chopped
spring onions and stir through. Serve immediately.