1 small green pepper, seeded
1 small red pepper, seeded
2 small carrots, diced
1 courgette, diced
1 butternut squash, diced
750g/11/2lb skinless chicken
breast fillets, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed
350ml/12fl oz evaporated
75g/3oz mixed fresh herbs such as
basil, tarragon, dill and parsley
• Blanch the peppers, carrots, courgette and squash lightly in boiling
water. Refresh in cold water, drain and reserve.
• In a blender or food processor, purée the chicken. Add the garlic, nutmeg
and lemon juice, and whiz briefly. With the motor running, add the eggs
one at a time. Process again and add the evaporated milk and chopped
herbs. Mix well.
• Pour the chicken mixture into a bowl, and chill for 1 hour.
• Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas mark 4.
• Fold the reserved vegetables into the chicken mixture, then spoon the
mixture into a 9 x 20cm/31⁄2 x 8in loaf tin.
• Bake in the oven for 1–11⁄2 hours. Leave to cool, then chill overnight in
the refrigerator. To serve, cut into slices.