4 skinless chicken breast fillets
2 tablespoons curry paste
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 tablespoon light muscovado sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
For the cucumber raita
150ml/5fl oz low-fat
1⁄4 teaspoon chilli powder
• Put the chicken breasts between two sheets of baking parchment or cling
film. Pound with the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin to flatten.
• Mix together the curry paste, oil, sugar, ginger and cumin in a small
bowl. Spread the mixture over both sides of the chicken. Leave to
marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
• To make the raita, cut the cucumber in half lengthways, peel and scoop
out the seeds with a spoon.
• Grate the flesh into a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave to stand for
10 minutes. Rinse off the salt, and squeeze out any moisture by pressing
the cucumber with the back of a spoon.
• Mix the cucumber with the yogurt, and stir in the chilli powder.
Refrigerate until required.
• Heat a charcoal barbecue until hot. Transfer the chicken to an oiled
rack, and barbecue over the hot coals for 10 minutes, turning once.
Serve with the raita.