1 chicken, about 2.3kg/5lb
vegetable oil for brushing
225g/8oz courgette, cut into strips
juice of 1 lime
For the stuffing
100g/4oz courgettes, trimmed and
100g/4oz soft cheese
finely grated zest of 1 lime
2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas mark 5.
• To make the stuffing, mix the courgette with the cheese, lime zest,
breadcrumbs and seasoning.
• Carefully ease the skin away from the breast of the chicken with your
fingertips, taking care not to split the skin. Push the stuffing under the
skin, to cover the breast evenly.
• Put the chicken in a roasting tin, brush with the oil and roast in the oven
for 20 minutes per 500g/1lb 2oz plus 20 minutes, or until the juices run
clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced with a skewer.
Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes.
• Sauté the courgettes in the butter and lime juice until just tender, then
serve hot with the chicken.