2 15-ounce cans pinto beans
2 T water
2 t cornstarch
1/2 c ketchup
1/3 c white vinegar
1/4 c brown sugar
2 T onion,Diced
1 t prepared mustard
1/2 t chili powder
1/4 t salt
1/4 t black pepper,Coarse Ground
1/2 c shredded pork,(from last
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour entire contents of the can of pinto beans into a casserole dish
(with a lid).
3. Dissolve the cornstarch in a small bowl with the 2 tablespoons of water.
Add this solution to the beans and stir.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the dish, stir well and cover.
5. Bake for 90 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir every 30 minutes.
After removing the beans from the oven, let the beans cool for 5 to 10
minutes before serving.
Serves 6 to 8 as a side dish.