menu for you
2 medium courgettes
1 medium leek
225g/8oz young fresh asparagus,
4 sprigs of fresh tarragon
4 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 egg, beaten, to glaze
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
• Using a potato peeler, carefully slice the courgettes lengthways into thin
strips. Cut the leek into very fine julienne, and cut the asparagus evenly
into 5cm/2in lengths.
• Cut out four sheets of baking parchment measuring 30 x 38cm/12 x
15in and fold in half. Draw a large curve to make a heart shape when
unfolded. Cut along the line, and open out.
• Divide the courgettes, asparagus and leek evenly between each paper
heart, positioning the filling on one side of the fold line and topping
each with a tarragon sprig and a garlic clove. Season with salt and
pepper. Brush the edges lightly with the egg and fold over. Twist the
edges together so that each parcel is completely sealed.
• Lay the parcels on a baking tray, and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
Serve immediately, laying the parcels on the serving plates to be opened
at the table.