1/2 c butter,(1 stick), softened
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c coconut flakes,finely
1 T milk
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
2 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
8 oz solid white chocolate,cut
1 c macadamia nuts,chopped
1. Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer
on high speed.
2. Add the coconut, egg, milk and vanilla and mix well.
3. In another bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix until dough forms.
Mix in the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
5. Preheat oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest for 30-60
minutes in the refrigerator.
6. Measure out about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and form a ball.
Drop each ball of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 3 inches
apart and bake for 12-14 minutes. Do not over bake! Cookies should
come out of the oven appearing slightly browned, yet undercooked.
When cooled the cookies will be soft and chewy like the original.
Makes 16-18 cookies.