1/2 c butter,(1 stick), softened
1/2 c granulated sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t cream of tartar
2 T granulated sugar
1 t cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an
electric mixer on high speed. Add the egg and vanilla and beat
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 300 degrees while you let the dough rest for 30-60
minutes in the refrigerator.
5. In a small bowl combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.
6. Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a ball. Roll
this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press it onto an ungreased
cookie sheet. Repeat for the remaining cookies.
7. Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes and no more. The cookies
may seem undercooked, but will continue to develop after they are
removed from the oven. When the cookies have cooled they should be
soft and chewy in the middle.
Makes 16-18 cookies.