1 lb chicken breast fillets
1 lb chicken thigh fillets
2 T butter
1 c onion,Chopped
1/2 c celery,Diced
4 c chicken stock
2 c water
1 c carrot,Sliced
1 t salt
1/2 t black pepper,Cracked
1/2 t fresh parsley,Minced
2 c egg noodles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Rub a little vegetable oil over the surface of each piece of chicken and
arrange them on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the chicken
from the oven when it's done and set it aside to cool.
3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat.
Saute the onion and celery in the saucepan for just 4 to 5 minutes.
You don't want to brown the veggies.
4. Dice the chicken and add it to the pot along with the remaining ingredients,
except the noodles.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes
or until the carrots are soft. 6. Add the noodles and simmer for an
additional 15 minutes, or until the noodles are tender. Serve with a
pinch of minced fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
Makes 6 servings.