1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon
50g/2oz fresh breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed
4 small whole sole, gutted and
lemon wedges, to garnish
salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Preheat the grill. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan until it just
begins to foam. Add the onion and garlic to the frying pan, and cook,
stirring, for 5 minutes, or until just softened.
• To make the stuffing, mix together the tomatoes, thyme, breadcrumbs and
lemon juice in a bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
• Add the stuffing mixture to the pan, and stir to mix.
• Using a sharp knife, pare the skin from the bone inside the gut hole of
the fish to make a pocket. Spoon the stuffing into the pocket.
• Cook the fish, under the grill, for 6 minutes on either side, or until
golden brown. Transfer to serving plates, garnish with lemon wedges
and serve immediately.