For the marinade
3 tablespoons clear honey
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander
4 tablespoons light soy sauce
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
pinch of ground cinnamon
• Rinse the goose inside and out, and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Remove the wing tips, neck and gizzard. Truss the goose, and place
in a non-metallic dish.
• Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a large jug, and pour over
the goose. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator overnight,
turning and basting occasionally.
• Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas mark 7.
• Remove the goose from the marinade, and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Weigh the bird, transfer to a rack in a roasting tin and cover with foil.
Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 200°C/400°F/
Gas mark 6, and roast for 15 minutes per 450g/1lb.
• Serve with roast potatoes and vegetables.