3/4 c quaker oats
3/4 c whole wheat flour
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 c buttermilk
1/4 c vegetable oil
1/4 c granulated sugar
3 T finely chopped,Blanched
3 T finely walnuts,Chopped
1. Lightly oil a skillet or griddle and preheat it to medium heat.
2. Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine, like flour.
3. Combine oat flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and
salt in a medium bowl.
4. In another bowl combine buttermilk, oil, egg and granulated sugar
with an electric mixer until smooth. Combine dry ingredients with wet
ingredients, add nuts and mix well with mixer.
5. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet and cook the
pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until brown.