1 1/4 c ketchup
1/3 c white vinegar
1/4 c molasses
1/4 c honey
1 t liquid smoke flavoring
1/2 t salt
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t chili powder
6 c vegetable oil,up to 8
20 chicken wing pieces
1 c milk
2 c all-purpose flour
2 1/2 t salt
3/4 t pepper
3/4 t MSG
1. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium
heat. Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a boil. Then
reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
2. As sauce is simmering, heat up 6 to 8 cups of oil in a deep fryer set to 350
3. Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
4. In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and MSG.
5. When oil is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and
egg mixture, and back into the flour. Arrange wings on a plate until each one is
6. Fry the wings in the oil for 9-12 minutes or until light, golden brown. If you
have a small fryer, you may wish to fry 10 of the wings at a time. Drain on paper
towels or a rack.
7. When the sauce is done, brush the entire surface of each wing with a light
coating of sauce. Serve immediately.
Makes 2-4 servings (20 wings).