1 lg sesame seed bun,(4 3/4-inch
5 oz beef,Ground
2 t ketchup
1 T mayonnaise
1 T onion,Chopped
3 pickle slices,(hamburger
1/2 c lettuce,Chopped
1 lg tomato slice
non-stick cooking spray
1. Form the ground beef into a very large patty on wax paper. Make
it approximately 5 1/2 to 6 inches in diameter (the meat should shrink to
the perfect size for the buns when cooked). Freeze this patty for a couple
hours before cooking.
2. Grill the faces of the hamburger bun in a hot skillet over medium heat. Grill
until the buns are golden brown. Leave pan hot.
3. Grill the frozen patty in the pan for 2-3 minutes per side. Sprinkle one side
with seasoned salt and ground black pepper.
4. Prepare the rest of the burger by first spreading the 2 teaspoons of ketchup on
the face of the top bun. Follow the ketchup with the tablespoon of mayonnaise.
5. Stack the onion onto the top bun next, followed by the pickles and lettuce.
Add the tomato slice to the top of the stack.
6. When the beef patty is done cooking, use a spatula to arrange it on the
bottom bun. Turn the top of the burger over onto the bottom and serve.
Makes 1 hamburger.